Happy Thursday! Here in the US, many of us have tomorrow off as a special treat since July 4th is a Saturday this year. I will be enjoying my holiday with lots of reading and relaxing. I cannot wait.
I’ve got a lovely little roundup for you this week, and I seemed to find lots of links that celebrate uniqueness and being different:
- I was delighted to be introduced by a blogging friend to this community for “multipotentialialites,” people who are interested in many different things and often have trouble sticking with just one. (Or just a few, if we’re talking about me.) This will be a huge resource for me going forward, I can tell. I’ve also got the founder’s Ted Talk on my to watch list.
- I am loving Verily Magazine lately- the only women’s magazine with a policy against using Photoshop. While this is a great start, they went even further with this article about how Photoshop isn’t the reason we feel so badly about our looks. A great read.
- Beautiful post about why being broken makes you more beautiful. This will remain in the bookmark list as a future pick-me-up, I think.
- The usual brilliance from Alexandra Franzen on being a grown up and doing what you want. It’s a nice kick in the hot pants.
- Speaking of which, I vacillated back and forth about taking this photography class, because I am already in this amazing one. Then I remembered that I’m a grown-up and I can take both. So excited! Photo galleries coming…
- And, just because, I cannot resist sharing this Kickstarter Video. I could not stop giggling watching it. So so good. I wish I could go back in time and support this project.
A gift before you go...
Get your Copy of Meangingful Units, an eBook and Worksheet to get your draft done along with Footnotes, weekly literary love delivered right to your inbox.