[Ephemera Almanac vol. 9] Literary Discovery
Here’s my round-up of literary discoveries for the week. Well, mostly literary.
- Based on the positive response to the library overload post, here is a tutorial on how to increase your reading speed that a reader sent me. Quite helpful actually- I have a tendency to space out and read the same paragraph five times and this helped a lot with that.
- Because it’s summer and time to read some lighter stories, here is a list of the Top 10 Books about Spies. I may dive into these for my vacation next month…
- I am always thrilled when people share my love for a book. I recommended Essentialism quite a while ago for a reader who was looking to boil life down to the, well, essentials. I was delighted to see this enthusiastic write-up show up on Elise Blaha’s blog this past week. Makes me want to re-read that book. So good.
- I bought these shoes in grey and white last weekend at the Renegade Craft Fair. I have worn them more days than I haven’t. So very comfy and classy.
- One of my favorite Instagrammers caught this man on the Berlin Ubahn lost in a book. He was as delighted as I am. I am also amused by the account @hotdudesreading that I found in the comments.
- And, because I like a good rant from time to time, I give you Forever Amber on why women over 30 should wear whatever they want. This feels particularly relevant as I am now much closer to 40 than 30…
A gift before you go...
Get your Copy of Meangingful Units, an eBook and Worksheet to get your draft done along with Footnotes, weekly literary love delivered right to your inbox.