As much as I love books as objects, I also love them because of the stories they tell. And perhaps the idea of story that I am most enamored with in the end.
This week has been a bit of a challenge, and I am giving a lot of thought about how I write the story of what my life means in my own head. The links I found along the way were a lot about writing and writing resources, as a result, in all its many forms.
- A co-worker showed me this video about master penman, Jake Weidman, who has made an art form out of works on paper incorporating elements of writing.
- So of course I wanted to watch his TED talk about why handwriting still matters in this age of kids caring more about typing than cursive.
- Then I was dying to get into hand lettering myself and found these helpful writing resources and got really excited.
- Then I was pumped about writing in general and dug up the 15 best writing blogs and am dying to dive into all of them immediately. Look for more thoughts on these in future posts.
- And as usual, I was listening to one of my favorite podcasts this week, Being Boss, and heard an episode with the creator of The Fabricant Way.
- I fell in love with this web series, especially the episode on the Brooklyn reading room, Mellow Pages.
- And then, just because it was inspiring, I share this NY Times article on what making it means for the creative professional today
A gift before you go...
Get your Copy of Meangingful Units, an eBook and Worksheet to get your draft done along with Footnotes, weekly literary love delivered right to your inbox.