Ephemera Almanac, Volume 6: Summer Reading.
Today’s roundup celebrates the end of school and the joys of summer. I remember mid June being the time my mom took me to the bookshop after school let out, my stapled summer reading sheet in hand, which I had pored over since the minute the teacher passed it out as we finished another year. By the time I was actually picking out my books, I had circled and crossed out twice as many books as I would have time to read before school started again. Here’s to another summer with that sense of discovery…
- A teacher in Italy has a great assignment for how you should spend your summer.
- Hilarious list of causes of death for women characters in literature. I do hope to avoid “wrist fevers” this season.
- I loved this discussion of bibliotherapy (perhaps this is my title!) and whether reading makes us happier in the New Yorker.
- The most inspiring story of how a high school senior used Instagram to make everyone in his class feel special.
- Who doesn’t love a fairy tale, really? Cicadas plagued my college graduation but even so, this stunning animated short made me cry the other day. Just brilliant.
Happy reading! what are your reading goals for the summer? I am going to follow the lead of a recent book dr. letter and dive into a lot of fiction. Can’t wait…
A gift before you go...
Get your Copy of Meangingful Units, an eBook and Worksheet to get your draft done along with Footnotes, weekly literary love delivered right to your inbox.