Sometimes the hardest part about writing is getting started.
Dal Kular and I are on a mission: support writers in overcoming the obstacles that keep them from telling their stories. Whether these obstacles were imposed externally, or came up inside you as the critic, we want to band together to break through as writers.
We are currently accepting entries into an anthology we are assembling to showcase tales of anyone who felt the fear and wrote it anyway. Told by a teacher you’d never write? Tell us your story. Crippled by doubt and perfectionism despite support from those around you? We want that story too. Circumstances conspiring to prevent you ever having the time to write? Hell yes we want that story told.
Here’s how to submit to I Wrote it Anyway:
- *We are accepting submissions of up to 2,500 words
- *Please listen to the Secret Library Podcast Episode #88 to hear our discussion of the anthology’s mission
- *Submissions must be sent in by March 15, 2018 at midnight Pacific Time
- *Email your submission as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- *Share this post on Social Media with the hashtag #iwroteitanyway
- *We will announce the essays we select for the final collection on April 30, 2018
Good luck! We look forward to reading all your stories. As Dal says in this episode, writing is a revolutionary act. We all benefit when more stories are told. Let’s share what helped us write.
A gift before you go...
Get your Copy of Meangingful Units, an eBook and Worksheet to get your draft done along with Footnotes, weekly literary love delivered right to your inbox.